Just don’t ask

By: DeLaney Fisher [Staff Writer] @DeLaney__Fisher

Like everything there are pros and cons to having curly hair. Most of the time its fun and easy to have curly hair; mornings are a breeze, once out of the shower just run a brush through it and add a little mousse and its good to go. It takes five minutes rather than the half hour it takes other girls to straighten their hair. That brings up a con, when it is straightened, it takes FOREVER to do. Plus, it doesn’t stay very long. Its easy to do, but once its done and dry, don’t even try to run a finger through it. It will get stuck, and it will make the hair frizzy. And frizzy means poofy. It’s just a bad situation for everyone involved.

Another con that comes with curly hair is the constant questioning on it. An average person with curly hair hears “Is it natural?” at least three times a day. It may not sound so bad, but hearing it all day, every day can be a lot. The next question asked is one anyone with curly hair could answer before someone even had a chance to ask it. “I bet you hate it don’t you?!” (answers to this question may vary by day). Then there are the comments, which consist of “people pay lots of money to try to get hair like yours”, and “I bet you hear that a lot” (said after any of the three previously mentioned questions/comments).

So, next time someone has curly hair, do everyone a favor and don’t do anything listed above, and things will go off without a hitch.