Public Pajamas

By: Kaela Halvorson [Staff Writer]

When parents and spectators walked into the gym last night, they surely saw the student section rocking crazy pj’s and slippers, holding pillows and blankets in their hands.

This exciting and weird theme of slumber party night was designed to encourge students to come to the games to support the basketball players. While slumber party night was a great idea, it may have made people not want to come or not want to sit in the student section, because they didn’t want to go out in public with their pj’s on, but others were WAY excited about it, which is good or bad. The student section just needs to make sure that during these crazy themes they are not distracting the boys, because even with all the fun and silliness, the boys still need to stay focused during their games. These nights are based on the basketball, and the students that show up are there to support, have fun, and be respectful to both teams.

Good sportsmanship is something that needs to continue in Marion, and just because students are dressing crazy for games doesn’t mean they can have crazy or rude attitudes. Many came to support Marion with fun and with fun pj’s. Our boys and girls teams really need the support and loud crowds to keep them going. Slumber party night was a night to show the other team what Marion has, as a basketball team and a sportsmanship team.

A flier to promote last night's crazy boys basketball student section theme.
A flier to promote last night’s crazy boys basketball student section theme.