Parking needs perfecting

By: Kayla Comried @KComried

Everyone who can drive has most likely been in this infuriating situation. They are cruising through a parking lot, expecting to park far away but secretly hoping there is a space hidden in the front row. They drive up the long endless row of cars, and see it. The spot sent down to them right from heaven. It is almost like the parking spot is glowing a radiant glow that would only otherwise  be produced by the sun. They continue to drive, with a newfound love in their heart, and they are almost to the spot. They brace themselves for the hand over hand turn into perfection, but then they see it. They see that one of the morons parked in the space next to their haven has carelessly parked right over the more than obvious yellow line. At that moment, not keying the person’s car is one of the hardest things they have ever done. And so we have it, the annoyance of ignorant parkers.

Parking, although it may seem easy, is one of the most challenging parts of driving. Getting the the car and the line to be perfectly parallel can be a difficult task, and it may take a few tries, but therein lies the key. There is nothing more annoying than some person pulling literally diagonally into a parking space and just leaving it. Do they not realize that everyone else needs to park, too? Correction, there is nothing more annoying than someone with an enormous truck parking diagonally. If someone is actually that bad at parking, they can simply park far away.

Another super annoying thing about parking is when people take up two whole  spots. They actually park in between two spaces. Is their car actually that much more important than everyone else’s? NO. Props to them for taking pride in their vehicle, but if they can’t get one little scratch on it, either park far away, or leave it in the garage.

Not everyone is going to be an amazing parker, but everyone does need to try to stay in between the yellow lines. They are there for a reason, and that reason is not so they can be violated. Don’t ruin someone’s day by allowing them to get all excited, and then crush their dreams just like Simon Cowell.