The class taste-tests dishes at Napoli’s Italian Restaurant.
New fine-dining experience

Time for a change

By: Ashley Lappe [Social Media Editor] @Ashley_Lappe33

Sweatpants and yoga pants are very popular for high schoolers, in fact nearly every student at Marion dresses that way everyday. But every once in a while there will be a day when a few students will dress nice, a day when there are not home sports events forcing students to dress up. Out of the hundreds of students at Marion only a few dress in clothing other than sweats. Most of those people understand that it isn’t difficult to pick out an outfit in the morning. It takes the same amount of time to pick out a pair of jeans and a blouse that goes with those jeans that it takes to pick out a pair of sweatpants.

It is time for a change.

Once students leave high school and begin getting real jobs they will be forced to dress appropriately in order to get the job or remain with the job. Employers care a lot about appearances and they will use that as a reason not to hire the person.

Saying a person needs to dress nice once in a while is not saying they should dress in Express or Abercrombie and Fitch everyday because stylish clothes can be found in Target, Forever 21, or even Goodwill. Any item can be made stylish if it is worn correctly. Sweatpants on the other hand are never and will never be in style. So it is time for students to care a little about how they look and dress. It may not be the most important quality in a person, but some believe dressing nice can change the way a person feels about themselves and how others feel about them.

Olivia Cechota, Junior, wears stylish clothing to school.