Valentine’s Day

February. A month usually known for love, or in another words… Valentines Day. Valentines Day is a way to remind people in love, how in love they are, or a reminder for singles, how single they are. It’s awful.

It’s awful because for instance anyone who is single maybe decides to go out to dinner, and they have every right to. But to sit there and look at all the lovey-dovey couples and maybe even a bunch of red and pink heart balloons and streamers? Gag me. Valentines Day also only comes once a year, so for it to be lead up to is another big slap in the face. Makes it even more dreadful for single people.

Then again, being single is not a bad thing at all. You get a lot of freedom, and have the independence not to have to depend on someone else. Which no one NEEDS someone there, having personal independence is great!

Don’t get me wrong, anyone who is in a relationship could think Valentines Day is just the greatest, and being in a relationship is not bad either. Couples could receive all sorts of gifts, and chocolate, it would be wonderful. And to spend a whole day with someone you love could be nice. Like seeing parents or grandparents get together and be all cute, is sort of sweet & adorable :).

Like I said previously though, seeing any other kind of Valentines Day lovey-dovey stuff, makes me want to vomit. It’s just so awful and again reminds people how single they are, and sometimes, it’s just something I don’t want to be reminded of.