Making partying public

By Taylor Lamm [Opinion Editor] @Lammers11

There are always those people in high school who think that it is cool to make it public that every weekend they are out partying. Using Twitter, Instagram, or another form of social media to announce that they are smoking, drinking, or doing other things that simply shouldn’t be made public.

Tweeting about an “awesome” party where someone got hammered or posting a picture of alcohol every weekend can get extremely annoying. Everyone talks at school, so the word of someone who parties is already known. It’s easily to overlook one or two tweets or instapics about it every once in a while, but it’s when it’s taken to an extreme it can begin to get on people’s nerves.

Most people are forgetting is that social networking is a good way to get in trouble for their constant illegal use of drugs, alcohol and other substances. Posting a picture on instagram or tweeting can easily be turned in by either taking a screenshot or printing it off. By this getting turned in people can get a code of conduct that can affect sports and even how others view a person. It’s just an easy way to get caught.

Social networks can be a good way to stay connected with friends and share interesting events in ones life, but when it comes to partying most would agree that it’s smarter to keep it private.

An example of tweets that someone might see on the timeline of a high schooler.