Hannah Andreasen, senior, marvels over her flower sale in the spring musical, My Fair Lady.
Spring Photography

Santa’s online little helpers

By: Alex Coleman [Ads Editor] @AlexColeman 831

Christmas can be a very stressful time of year. From trying to be nice to everyone so Santa will fill your stocking, to trying to find the perfect gift for your loved ones, it’s very easily the most stressful time of the year. For some, finding the gifts for family is relatively easy, but the Secret Santa or gifts for friends can be extremely difficult. Whether its difficulty finding your cousin just the right gift, or trying to figure out what to get your best friend, the website elfpowered.com is here to help.

Elf powered is a website made specifically for trying to find that specific someone the perfect gift. On this handy dandy website, people enter who the gift is for, how much you’re interested in spending, and a little bit about the persons likes and dislikes. After filling out the small form, people enter their email address and press the ever tempting, green submit button. After the very easy press of a button, the mystery persons form is whisked away to ‘elves’ for overlooking. Anywhere from one hour to a day later, an email appears from the head elf, listing all the great gift ideas and links as to where to find them. This website is definitely a big help in the world of Christmas shopping.

Stress levels at Christmas are extremely high, calling for arguments, short tempers, and snappy people. Instead of freaking out over the holiday season, people can just jump onto their computers and let the elves do a large amount of the work. After buying a Minecraft periodic table shirt for the little brother and a new barbie for the adorable little cousin, people can sit back and relax, focusing on bigger easier gifts. With all the freed up time, people would be less stressed out, and more likely to enjoy the holiday season.

Although some people would argue that websites like this are cheating, having a computer generate gifts rather than think of them themselves, this really is a great idea. Even if they didn’t think of the amazing gift on their own, it’s up to them to choose whether to buy it or not. Once you see the happiness on the face of your aunt when she pulls out her brand new book of puns, it really shouldn’t matter where the gift idea came from. This website is very helpful because it not only gives you fabulous ideas (and the places to buy them), but it could start a line of creative thinking that might just lead to the best gift ever. So instead of stressing this holiday season, hop on the world wide web and get real chummy with these elves. They might just have the best ideas in the long run.

It is easy to find custom presents for everyone this holiday season with elfpowered.com