The class taste-tests dishes at Napoli’s Italian Restaurant.
New fine-dining experience

When is too soon for christmas?

By: Haley Shaffer [Newspaper Executive Editor] @shafferdaffer

As Thanksgiving Day nears, many people begin to put up their Christmas decorations in hopes to finally get into the “Christmas spirit”. While Christmas is a mere 35 days away, some people believe that it’s too soon to start putting up trees and Santa decorations. However, it doesn’t make much sense as to why. Technically, the holiday season begins in October with Halloween. And quite frankly, once Thanksgiving time rolls around, most people are ready for Christmas to just get here already. After all, it is the best time of the year.

Christmas is different from every other holiday. People don’t sit around waiting for Earth Day, or anticipate listening to music for Saint Patrick’s Day. Christmas is a huge deal to a lot of people and there’s no shame in adoring the holiday. December 25th is a day that puts most people into a giving, caring mood, and that’s fantastic!

There’s no better feeling than sitting by the fire, drinking hot chocolate while it’s snowing, and listening to Christmas music. It’s something that many people look forward to all year. There’s no crime in wanting to get a little Christmassy. Something about Christmas makes people happy and jolly and that’s what is so great about it. What’s wrong with people feeling that way? Nothing. Christmas is the best holiday of all and it should be celebrated immensely. The infamous rule that Christmas decorations and Christmas music has to be shunned until after Thanksgiving is simply ridiculous. People love Christmas and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. So people, stop being Scrooges.

Christmas decoration of Santa
Christmas decoration of Santa