Sick days makes for much stress

By: Taylor Lamm [Opinion Editor] @Lammers11

With fall fading out and winter coming in, a less thought of season is also here, flu season. Every year around this time the head colds and flus start to make their appearance. This can easily be seen and heard in a classroom. The stress of missing school over a sickness can start to take a toll on a person, making them stressed out and feel worse than they already do.

Being sick is never fun, but missing school makes it even worse. The homework starts to pile up and missing just one class can feel like missing a week. Missing even a day of school adds up to over 7 hours of class time that needs to be made up. This makes it easy to fall behind in classes, causing a great stress that can make it even harder to recover from the illness.

Some people might think that taking a sick day every now and then is okay, but before taking one think about the stress of having to make that day up. No matter how hard someone tries, sick days are virtually inevitable and missing that 7 hours and 40 minutes of learning cannot be avoided.

Sick days can be a great time to rest and recover, but sometimes the stress of missing school just isn’t worth it.

Drawing by Taylor Lamm
Drawing by Taylor Lamm