Askin’ all those questions

By: Becca Hall [Executive Powwow Editor] @beckkahhh12

Some people just don’t listen, no matter how many times the directions have been stated they keep asking the same questions that have already been answered. It is reasonable for someone to be new at something and semi-unaware of what they need to do to get the job done, but it gets unbearably annoying when they flood you with questions that they either already know or could easily have figured out by themselves. It all comes down to listening to directions and remembering what has already been learned. If one constantly finds themselves asking questions like “what is this?” or “how do I do that again?” they might need to assess their attention span and listening abilities. Maybe the most bothersome part of this is when people ask questions just to ask them. Why someone would like to waste their time asking questions they already (should) know the answer to is simply unfathomable.

Maybe they don’t notice they are doing it, or maybe when the directions were given out they were too busy thinking about an intensely pressing and probably seriously “important” issue that they couldn’t hear the answer to the question that they asked literally five seconds after it was already answered. Regardless of the reasons, people just need to be self sufficient. If someone finds that they constantly didn’t listen to directions the first time (or the second, third or fourth time) and are generally annoying the people around them with what some might describe as “the most uneducated questions ever” then one would think that they could easily solve that problem by maybe actually listening the next time that things are explained.

It will never be 100% known whether these people ask these questions because they lack the ability to listen, want to act like they are that typical airhead, or if they feel they just need to speak just to be sure they haven’t suddenly lost their ability to form words, but whatever the reason, it is obnoxious and honestly just makes people want to avoid them at all costs just to save themselves from answering a plethora of unneeded, ill-thought out questions.