Obnoxious overachievers

By: Kayla Comried [Executive Vox Editor]

Everyone has that kid in their class, the one who always sits in the front and jabs their hand into the air the second the question is asked. Everyone knows that student who strives to be the first one with an answer. The student who cannot live with them self knowing they didn’t get the best grade on a test. These students usually talk with perfect etiquette and often walk around like they are the BEST person in the world, but they aren’t.

These types of students are extremely bothersome to many. They are so irritating because they apparently don’t know the difference between being a person that tries hard and being a person who acts like they are the god of all academics.

They are so “smart” in school, but they obviously don’t know what being humble is.

A basic rule to decipher between the two is this: a humble, smart student, will share their grades and achievements with their family and closest friends. They know the answer often, but they don’t necessarily scream it to the world. Lastly, they do not point out everyone’s flaws to make themselves feel smarter and better than everyone else.

An annoying, smart student, will tell everyone what their grades are just to simply point out that they are better. They will scream the answer every single time they know it, and if they aren’t heard they will continuously say it louder until someone out there hears them radiating their brilliance.

Lastly, they will make sure to point out every flaw or wrong answer someone says. So, look back on familiar habits, and if they are similar to the second student described, then change. These people make other students feel so inferior.

Student like this make other students extremely frustrated. While the normal smart kids are sitting there minding their own business and trying to learn, these kids are spitting out answers so fast that no one else even has time to comprehend the question. They also make people mad because they are just plain annoying.

So, next time one of these students screams out an answer in class, or does some other infuriating thing, just try hard to not say anything (even if they deserve a book chucked at them). Just sit there, because while they feel like they are the brightest crayon in the box, like they are the beaming star in the universe, they are actually just like everyone else, only much more obnoxious.