The time to win: Reifschneider finishes first

By: Bonnie Burnell [Staff Writer]

Hunter Reifschneider, Junior, hasn’t lived in Marion his whole life, and none of his family runs. Hunter highly enjoys running, and has been running since 8th grade when one of his close friends, Colton Forester got him into running. Hunter wasn’t trying to beat the record it just happened. Earlier this week Hunter’s gym class ran the mile, as he crossed the finish line he knew he has a great time, but he didn’t realize that he had beat the school record. He is some what proud of beating the record, he explains “I wasn’t practicing to beat the mile time.” said Hunter. Hunter does run everyday, at least six times a week because thats what his trainer tells him he should do. Hunter runs track and cross country at MHS, so while beating the record was a surprise, he is definitely well conditioned in running. As far back as Hunter can remember, his slowest mile time was about nine minutes in fifth grade, so he really did improve. Hunter beat the mile time at MHS by running a 4:38 this year. He will definitely try to continue to beat his record so that nobody else will be able to.

Hunter Reifschneider
Hunter Reifschneider