Sloppy couples are sloppy

By: Gage Miskimen [Feature Editor]

One of the biggest issues in the hallways seems to be getting worse everyday. Sloppy couples.

Sloppy couples are the types of couples that make out in the hall before school, between classes, and after school. It always starts as a nice hug, then maybe some hand holding, but then it escalates to an intense game of tonsil hockey. What can be even worse is when couples hold each other while walking down the halls?

They also take up way too much space in the halls. Couples don’t need to be glued to each other 24/7. Nobody wants to see couples participating in couple activities. There are already enough problems while trying to get from class to class without walking through a minefield of flying saliva propelling itself from mouth to mouth.

It seems weird to think that students would be okay with displaying affection in front of peers and especially right in front of teachers. The fact is that these couples need to get a room. What happened to just being able to talk and be casual with a girlfriend or boyfriend? There is no need for smooching every second of every day. It would just be better if couples could act like normal civilians. Just walk to class, be in class, and then go home. There is always time for significant others outside of school.