School’s out: a tough life decision

By: Savannah Guyer [Activities Editor]

Throughout the years, whether or not someone goes to college has become more and more essential to a person’s prosperity and their career success, or so the media and economy leaders have brainwashed on many young scholars. The government has forced children and teenagers alike to go to school by making it illegal not to be educated up until a certain age, any schooling beyond that is not required. But why is college a necessary tool in becoming successful?

College does teach skills and lessons that might be mandatory to a certain type of person, but not everyone is the same. If a person knows what they want to do for the rest of their life then college is a fantastic option to help them propel into their career, although not many teenagers or even adults know what they want to do for their life. To spend anywhere from two to eight years in extensive school to become something they might not like doing seems a little extreme, and college doesn’t come cheap.

Life is all about making the most of everything you have, and for some people that includes college life. But if some students choose not to go to college, it shouldn’t be that big of deal.

A stack of college books and assignments wait to be used.