Hannah Andreasen, senior, marvels over her flower sale in the spring musical, My Fair Lady.
Spring Photography

Spiritless spirit week

By: Taylor Millis [Quill Excutive Editor]

Homecoming week. A week full of fun, spirited events leading up to the Homecoming football game and the Homecoming dance on Saturday. One of these traditions is spirit week at school. Each day has a designated theme and students are supposed to dress as something related to that theme, if they choose to participate. There have been complaints in the past that the themes are repeated year to year. So in response, the cheerleaders, who are incharge of thinking of the themes, thought of new, different themes for this year, see the Homecoming week- dress up days story.

All of these, excluding the traditional Red and Gold day, are completely different than last years themes. It would be expected that the student body would respond well to the change in themes, but, sadly it appears that, as of today, less people will participate in the Marion tradition of spirit week.

Yes, there are a few M&M’s, minions, martians and mice scattered in the hallways, but spirit week is not an individual or small group thing. Spirit week is a week to show how Marion Indians are not just a bunch of students that go to the same school, but a tribe of students that will forever be connected by the intangible bond of attending Marion High School. So enough complaining. Enjoy the time and events that come with Homecoming week. One day it will be the last Homecoming week in high school, so get involved.

This is the time to make memories… make memories as a Marion Indian.

DeLaney Fisher, dressed as a minion, is the only student in her math class that is dressed up for spirit week.