The class taste-tests dishes at Napoli’s Italian Restaurant.
New fine-dining experience

Super-not

By: Savannah Guyer [Activities Editor]

Students celebrate in the many benefits of being an athlete at Marion High school, getting to work with people they might not have not normally worked with, learning new techniques, and knowing what it’s like to be a team member. Another advantage of being involved in an extracurricular activity is the opportunity of having a superfan shirt.

A superfan shirt is a shirt that has a player’s name on the back of it and the design of the activity they participate in on the front. Family and friends can wear these shirts to show support for their player and are highly popular among students. Something that isn’t quite as favored is a player wearing their own superfan shirt.

Superfan shirts were designed specifically for other people to encourage the player, not for the player to wear one of their own. This is a problem because someone wearing their own may come off as egotistical or not a team player. If someone wants to wear that super cool shirt with the super awesome design on the front, they should not wear their own superfan shirt, but someone else’s.

Although it could be seen as amusing or prideful, when getting ready in the morning student’s should leave their superfan shirt where it should be at all times: at the bottom of the drawer.

Devin Quinn, junior, fearlessly shows off his own superfan shirt.