The girl without a phone

By: Savannah Guyer [Activities Editor]

Allison Edwards, a sixteen year old junior and proud owner of her new car has everything she needs to survive in life; food, water, and shelter. Everything, but a cell phone.

Allison has spent all of her life not knowing what it is like to have a cell phone, something most high school students find unbelievable. “In my family, my parents make us work to get something as important as a cell phone. It teaches us responsibility”, she says. Allison finds not having a phone successful in school, “During school I can focus easier instead of other kids who might be distracted by their phones.”

The thought of somebody having a car before they have a cell phone maybe incredulous to some people, but to Allison it makes total sense, “Having a car is more important than having a cell phone. I have my dad’s old phone which I carry around with me in case anything happens.”

Allison Edwards is the odd case of a teenage girl not having a cell phone and being completely okay with it. “It’s not a necessity. I’m fine without it.”

Allison Edwards holds a friends cell phone, a foreign object to her.