Hospital visitation hours- way too short

By: Kiersten Kiene [Design Editor]

Hospitals are here to help the sick and the injured. But other than the patients to think about, there are also the family and friends that are here to think about as well.

The hospitals have very specific hours for the friends and families to visit those that they love, but sometimes they just don’t work out. Many people have to work or go to school and visiting the hospital just isn’t in the cards. Yes, not having people go after 8:30pm is understandable, but what about earlier in the day?

If there are two visiting hours in the day and both are covered with school and work, how is one supposed to go and see their beloved one? In many cases of the patient, it helps them heal to see and talk to their beloved ones. This won’t be able to happen if they keep the visiting hours at such a restriction.

Also, it would help make the patient’s day seem less long. Sitting in the hospital day after day can get very long and boring. There isn’t much to do in the hospital besides sit there and think about what ever is on their mind.

If the patient is to heal fast and get out of the hospital, they could really use some visitors for physical and emotional support. There are so many people that just want to visit their family members or friends in the hospital, but with the short visiting hours the hospitals allow, it is hard to do that.