Welcome Back

Kaitlyn Nathem [Yearbook Editor]

It’s been a full year since she walked through these halls. As she looks at some familiar faces, she also sees all the new freshmen smiles. It’s weird to be back, but it’s also nice to come and visit some of the teachers who helped her grow into the college student she is now. Hannah Miller, who graduated last year, took another walk through the halls as she is now on her summer break of college.

After spending four years of her life at this school it’s nice to come back and visit. “It’s weird being back. It’s nice to see everyone again, but a lot has changed,” she said. Each year as a new class becomes in charge, the school changes a little bit. Going a full year without being in high school, it’s easy to understand how it could be “weird” to be back.

Hannah enjoyed her freshman year at college. She attended The University of Missouri-St. Louis for volleyball. For Hannah college was a lot more fun than high school was. “You are on your own and meet a lot of new and diverse people,” she said. Most people’s favorite part of college is being on their own and not having their parents telling them what to do all the time. Even though she had a great time this year, she still missed “the easiness and familiarity” of high school. College is a big transition from the load of homework that students have.

She has some great advice for seniors this year, “Get a good work ethic and challenge yourself your last year in high school. Enjoy your time and friends because a lot changes after you graduate.” The scariest part of leaving high school is leaving friends as well. Hannah believes that it’s very important to make memories with them before everyone goes their separate ways.

As she leaves and walks through the doors to go home, all the memories come flooding back. She enjoyed her time in high school, but she’s had an even better time in college.

Hannah Miller, class of 2012, came back to MHS for a visit since she's currently on her summer break.
Hannah Miller, class of 2012, came back to MHS for a visit since she’s currently on her summer break.