The class taste-tests dishes at Napoli’s Italian Restaurant.
New fine-dining experience

Taking education for granted

By: Claire Nash [Photo Editor]
Waking up in a warm bed. Walking in the hallway over to the bathroom to shower and brush teeth. Putting on clean clothes from a walk-in closet. Having so many options for breakfast. Getting in the car going to school or work. That is a typical American morning routine. People from other countries aren’t as fortunate to even do that. People take these things for granted and should be more thankful to live in this great country.
People in America are able to get an education, food, water, shelter, and even a job. Children in America are forced to go to school but in other countries children have the choice and it is a privilege for them to go. Most of us in America hate school but we should just go and get over the fact that it’s boring because some aren’t as lucky as Americans to get an education.
Don’t take life for granted. Make the most of every day. Take a moment and think about how lucky and how good people have it here and reflect on ways to make other struggling countries  become better. It’s the little things that help like donating money for world hunger. Be the change in the world that you want to see.

VEISHA was held last weekend at Iowa State.