The class taste-tests dishes at Napoli’s Italian Restaurant.
New fine-dining experience

When it rains, it pours

By: Breiana Brown [Vox Editor]

“Soccer game cancelled, tennis meet no longer scheduled for today, track meet postponed, and golf meet has been rescheduled” are just a few phrases that have been buzzing around the school lately. April showers are supposed to bring May flowers, but they are doing a lot more than that. With all of this rain more and more activities are being postponed. Marion’s spring athletes are looking toward a jam packed May. These students may only have one practice a week during next month. The MAYhem is just around the corner.

Having game after game or meet after meet postponed can be a bummer. The rain can bring about practice issues. When activities are cancelled practices usually take place, and with only two gyms and eight teams that can propose quite a conflict. Not only is there not enough space, but there is also not enough time for each team to fit in their desired practice time.

Yes, rain is really great, it creates life and even washes cars. Water is what makes the world go ‘round, and nothing would exist without it. It’s great to play in and enjoy, but when will it be enough? It’s enough right now. Rain, rain go away, come again another day, because all of the athletes want to play!

The only thing to do is just sit it out and hope for the best. The weather is not controllable, but it would be nice if it would cooperate. It’s true what they say “when it rains, it pours.”

With all of the games and meets being postponed recently, May is sure to be full of make up games for all spring sports. breianarain