Silent pain

By: Taylor Lamm [Opinion Editor]

This last Sunday a major tragedy happened during the Boston marathon. Two bombs went off killing 3 people and injuring many. After this attack some places had a moment of silence and even had the flags at half staff. For some it could be considered disrespectful to not do so.

When ever there are lives taken from an attack on the U.S. the flags should be put half staff. Not just because this is what society is use to, but because its in honor of the people who lost their life. Not only were people killed, but a lot of people ended up losing limbs. This is a major horrific event. After an event like this it should be mandatory for communities across America to have their flags half staff.

Some might think that not only should the flags be half staff but places should hold a moment of silence. This moment of silence would be another way to show respect for all the ones who lost their lives. There should always be some amount of respect shown for the innocent lives taken in tragic events.

This is in honor of all the lives taken on Sunday and their families, also for the ones who suffered injuries.
The flag symbolizes the honor of Americans who have lost their lives. All flags should be flown at half-staff when a tragic event occurs.