Petty takes it easy

By: Haley Shaffer [Social Media Editor]

As the last quarter of the year begins, many students begin taking their easiest classes. Some because that’s all they have left and others because they are too tired of trying. Most students prefer an easy end to the school year.

Jasmine Petty, junior, is one of those students who wants to slide right into summer and is just trying to get through this final quarter of the year. “My schedule is business management, job search, third open, and then painting,” Jasmine said. She thinks it’s a pretty easy quarter. “I’m also taking oral communications in the morning,” Jasmine commented. She says she recommends college classes to everyone because they’re free and count as a college credit. Technically Jasmine has a full schedule of four classes including her college class even though she gets third open. “I like my open block because I get to go home and take a nap!” Jasmine said. Her favorite class she has ever taken in high school would be painting. “I’m only two days into it, but I love painting,” Jasmine said. Junior year has been a pretty nice breeze for Jasmine, but she said school hasn’t alway been this easy. “Freshman year was the hardest year because I thought math was pretty hard,” Jasmine commented.

The final quarter had begun and students are anticipating summer more and more with every last assignment. As Jasmine waits for summer, she knows the last quarter won’t be that bad with her fun, easy classes!

Jasmine Petty, junior, is taking easy classes in the last term of the year before summer.