The class taste-tests dishes at Napoli’s Italian Restaurant.
New fine-dining experience

A day for fooling

By: Taylor Lamm [Opinion Editor]

Only for one month is there a day for fooling, April 1. This day consists of the constant pranks that can make a person laugh or after years it can just get annoying. There is always the little pranks that everyone can get a little chuckle out of, but then there are the ones that get blown up into a big deal. The pranks that aren’t as funny as someone thought they would be. These pranks can end up sometimes even making someone mad.

The little jokes here and there aren’t that big of a deal. It’s when the jokes get taken too far. Some are funny, like telling a parent you got suspended from school, and then there are some that can be taken really offensive to some. Yes, it is April fools day but it’s not April tell a joke every minute day.
Maybe it’s that after years of April fools day the jokes just get old and annoying. It takes the fun that everyone remembers of when they were younger out of the day. For some it might even seem just like every other day by not paying attention to the little jokes here and there.
Yes the day was fun in grade school, being able to play jokes on friends, but now the day just lags on. Making more people annoyed with each other and not wanting to hear the famous “April Fools!!” said to them one more time. So maybe it is a good thing that there is only one day made for fooling.
April fools is a day of pranking, but sometimes it can be taken too far.