Prom planning process

By: Breiana Brown [Vox Editor]

As you may know, prom is rapidly approaching. The pressure to find the perfect dress, shoes, hairstyle, etc. seems like a big deal. Try adding planning prom on top of that.

Katlyn Hardecopf, junior, at Marion High School is very involved in the prom planning process. “This years prom is going to be amazing,” says Katlyn. Katlyn explains that prom will include lots of fun colors, fish, neon, giant clams, and even an eight-foot blow-up shark, all of which go with the theme this year “Sea the Neon Night”. She is reluctant to say any more.
Although they have volunteers, they can never have enough help. “I love that they [volunteers] come, I really do,” explains Katlyn. Mrs. Quinn has been a big help throughout the last prom planning months. Katlyn and all the other prom committee members would like to thank her for all her help and support. “Come support your junior class,” Katlyn encourages.
Wondering what prom committee does? “We work every week on various things. We have selected a new DJ. Tickets run for $15 for a single person and $30 for a couple ahead of time, so buy them in advance because at the door, it is $20 for a single person and $40 for a couple,” says Katlyn.
Mickenzie Kack is also on prom committee. She enjoys it, but it isn’t all fun and games. “It’s a lot of hard work and takes a lot of leadership skills, but it’s worth it,” she says. All of the work does not deter them from coming back each week. At the end of the day, all that matters is the final product. When they walk in the gym and see that all their hard work has paid off, they will feel a sense of accomplishment.
The junior class is in charge of putting together the prom, and they meet every week.