Victorious feeling of volunteering

By: Kaitlyn Nathem [Yearbook Editor]

Volunteering to most people sounds like a waste of time or something that doesn’t seem to be fun at all. People say that they don’t have enough time to volunteer or that they just don’t want to because the “cool” kids don’t do it. All of the rumors about volunteering can be possibly true, but for the most part are false. Volunteering is a great thing to do and can help learn about job opportunities, as well as making one feel great about helping out.

More people should volunteer for a variety of reasons. Whether it’s volunteering for a teacher in a classroom or helping out at the local animal shelter, it still has the same effect on others. Not only does helping out make someone feel better about themselves, but it improves the rest of the community.
Volunteering to learn more about certain jobs such as volunteering at a hospital to learn about being a doctor, or volunteering at an animal shelter to learn about being a veterinarian. Being surrounded in the work environment that seems interesting to oneself helps learn about the job that they may be looking to go into. This helps people not only learn in the present, but learn about things that they can use in the future.
What seems to be a waste of time and not worth it, could actually be a life-changing experience. Volunteering is more than just something that looks good on a resume, it’s a great feeling and a great opportunity to learn about oneself and others needs.
Volunteering is a great experience that can help a person learn about future job opportunities and can also help the community.