Making friends in high school

By: Haley Shaffer [Social Media Editor]

Most people spend high school making friends and making memories with those friends. It’d be hard to find people who went their whole high school career without any friends. Friendships are full of ups and downs, twists and turns, and high and lows. Some friends don’t stick around for too long, and others people will keep for a lifetime. The hard part about high school is finding the difference between the two. Someone may think that their best friend right now is going to be their best friend forever, then something happens that changes that. Some friendships end because of rumors or lies and others end because people simply grow apart. But imagine how much better high school would be if one person could be someone’s best friend from the first day of freshman year to the last day of senior year and maybe beyond. It would be so incredible to find someone who never got into drama, never lied, never got mad, never did anything to make someone mad. Do those types of people still exist? Everyone would be helping each other out to be more like this. People need to start being nice, loyal, and dependable. Everyone needs someone because no one can make it through the bad parts of high school alone and everyone needs someone to celebrate the good times with. People should enjoy high school with people who will stick around after high school. Stop worrying about the little things and start enjoying high school. Even though people complain about it, these days are the ones that people are going to look back on twenty years from now. Make them count.

Taylor Lamm and Taylor Millis, both juniors, have been best friends since freshman year of high school.