Uneducated tweets – a no-no

Kiersten Kiene [Design and Layout Editor]

Social media is an outlet for many people. Not just teenagers, but adults as well. It is nice to just let things out and express feelings towards a computer and the people behind the other screen. But one bad thing is when things are said and the ‘tweeter’ is uneducated about the subject.

For instance, on Twitter, there is always a trending topic that is displayed on the main screen. It may say something about the president, sports, or even just remembering the olden days back in middle school. One may decide to tweet about one of the trending topics, adding in on the worldwide conversation.

The words said may have a meaning behind them, but are not very well looked into. The person has said something very incompetent and sparks anger with all of the other people in the conversation.

The moral of the story is that when there is a conversation going on, whether it be on the Internet or in the real world, do not say anything that has no education behind it. Saying uneducated things bursts others into a full on war of what is right and wrong. So please just do not say anything.

A lot of uneducated conversations take place on Twitter and all over the rest of the Internet.