Trials of a Journalism student

By: Breiana Brown [Executive Editor of Vox]

Journalism is not only a place where its participants can express their creative sides; it is also a place where learning never subsides. At Marion it seems journalism students become a family.

It may seem biased, and it is, but oh well. We Journalism students work our butts off all year long, and yes we do wander the halls, but is almost always for work. We not only have to work on the newspaper, we also have responsibilities for the yearbook and website.

It seems most people forget that, for the most part, Journalism is completely student run. We accomplish a lot. We all have to communicate, schedule, prioritize, meet deadlines, and most importantly, get along. Without teamwork life would be impossible. In everything a person does someone else has contributed to it in some way.

The Vox recently came out with its fourth issue. We Journalism students all gathered around the stacks of newspapers, proud of our work. We went through, found the good and the bad. All we want in the end is to somehow make a difference and for people to recognize all our hard work. It’s amazing what just 15 students can create when they believe in themselves and one another.

Kylie McAllister, sophomore, begins to look through the Vox to read everyone else’s stories.