Kolarik receives award for leadership

By: Gage Miskimen [Staff Writer]

Leadership is a quality that only a few people ever achieve. True leaders go that extra mile. They lead others and do the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Morgan Kolarik, senior, was awarded the WaMaC Leadership award for her involvement and commitment to student senate. “I was really happy and honored to receive it, because not many people got it,” Morgan said. Not many people receive this award- about one student from every school in the conference.

Morgan was pretty surprised when she was awarded the honor. “I didn’t even know it was an award. I guess I received it based off of what I was doing and I was pleased to receive it.” For Morgan, it was just about doing good for the school and doing her job as a member of student senate. “I really enjoy being involved in student senate and try to go to everything I can and stay involved,” said Morgan.

When it comes to advice for students just starting high school, Morgan had this to say, “Do the best you can at everything. It’s about the experience and you meet a lot of people so it’s fun.” When it comes to the high school experience, for Morgan, it’s just about being and staying involved. “Being involved is really helpful. It teaches you a lot and it’s fun.”

Staying involved is a very important part of high school and being a leader is a great quality for anybody to have. Leadership is a trait that can get an individual far in life. Leaders are needed in this society today and whoever wants to be a leader can go out and get involved and become successful.

Morgan Kolarik, senior, received an award for her leadership role in student senate.