Book bag rule

By: Becca Hall [Staff Writer]

Many teachers have rules regarding electronics, gum, book bags, and drinks. Some students find these rules unreasonable and annoying. One of the most complained about rules would be about the backpacks.  The rule states that if your bag is large enough to fit a textbook in, you may not bring it to class. While some teachers disregard this rule, others strongly enforce it. In some classes, if a bag is brought to class, the student will be asked to put it in their locker and may have consequences.

A good reason for teachers to allow book bags in class is that it minimizes locker trips. If students carry their book bags with many supplies, they will be less likely to forget something. Also, a new trend is arising in girls fashion. Lots of girls are carrying small backpacks in place of a purse. Lastly, despite what many people say, it reduses mess. If students aren’t allowed to bring bags to class, they will just bring all of their items in a large pile. This is easy to knock over and is a bigger fire hazard than having a bag. Being able to bring bags to class would minimize problems. Honestly, it seems like the bag rule causes more issues than actully bringing bags to class would.