Mull loudly cheers for the Indians

By: Jordan Hansen [Activities Editor]

As the players get in their warm-ups right before basketball games, another type of student-athlete prepares themselves for the night ahead. As the clock winds down towards tip-off, the cheerleaders of Marion High School get ready to loudly cheer with the crowd the entire night.
Tamara Mull, senior, finds basketball cheerleading to be very enjoyable. “I like it because of the people in it, and especially doing stunts. It’s also always great to get a reaction out of the crowd after an awesome stunt!” The multitude of stunts that the cheerleaders perform over the course of the night vary in difficulty, but they all require extensive preparation and practice. “It takes a lot of dedication to achieve what you want to achieve. In addition to practice, that goes for class and time management as well,” Tamara explained.
She does, however, have her own reasons for picking basketball cheer over wrestling cheer. “I do basketball cheer because I couldn’t do wrestling cheer. You have to get up so early on Saturdays!” She still finds tremendous enjoyment being in basketball cheer, and has thoroughly enjoyed the season thus far.
When asked why she liked it so much, she replied with a very straightforward answer, “Because of stunting and pretty simply, I enjoy it a lot!”
As the cheerleaders get ready to go, they can relax knowing that they are ready to pump up the crowd for hopefully and Indian win.
Tamara Mull, senior, cheers for the Marion basketball team.