Crazy changes in weather

By: Haley Shaffer [Social Media Editor]

Usually in Iowa this time of year, it’s snowing or freezing cold, or both. But this year has been different. Today for example it’s negative four, yet next Tuesday it’s supposed to be 60 degrees. It’s so frustrating. The weather is tricky people because one day everyone is forced to bundle up and blow into their hands for warmth. And the next day, people are wearing capris and looking at people funny if they’re wearing UGGS.

This is one of the reasons why most people’s favorite season isn’t winter. It’s blistering cold or decently cold but no one ever knows when it’s going to be which. People will see Joe Winters reporting a freezing cold week and the next week, it feels like the beginning of fall. It’s way too hard to keep up with.

Today, everyone is running to their car or inside for warmth. They are scraping frost off their windows and warming up their car five minutes before they leave.

Most people are just wishing it was summer or at least spring so that everyone could wear shorts and not have to waste gas warming up their car. Safe to say, mostly everyone is sick of winter.

Winter in Iowa can be very unpredictable. Today, it is below zero and next week it is supposed to be in the 60s.