Technology take over

By: Alex Estes [Co-Yearbook Editor]

Here in the present, people often forget that they live in the future. 40 years ago, people dreamed of having all of the world’s information available to them at the touch of a finger. Today, that ability is taken for granted. Since they were raised by technology and the Internet, teens today are insensitive to the constant changes being made to the everyday world.
Any  song that a person could want is available at the touch of a finger, or the click of a mouse. It is silly that anyone would have CDs anymore. Sure, there is always a possibility of a computer crash, but computers should always have an external backup anyway. CDs are a waste of space and money. It is so much work to sort through them and alphabetize them. Most of the time people end up transferring them to their computer anyway, so there isn’t even a reason to buy a CD.
Books are the same as CDs. Though, it isn’t stupid to have physical books, it is a lot easier to have all the books on a tablet. Some people actually prefer turning the pages of a book, which is fine, but digital books use up less resources, and wear out after a few years of use. Some schools are transferring all of their textbooks to digital files so they can spend less money on replacing worn-out and vandalized textbooks every few years.
With all of the new technology emerging, it has become so easy to get totally immersed in it. It is a bad thing if a person doesn’t even know where they are because they are so focused on their smart phone. Technology isn’t a bad thing, and eventually it will end up going out of style anyway.
Technology can be found around every corner, and practically everybody has a Smart phone.