Minecraft to the max

By: Becca Hall [Staff Writer]

Have you ever done something you are incredibly proud of? Or maybe you have started something that surpassed any of your expectations. When Zach Weir (some Minecraft players may know him as spacekickxB) and his business partner, whom he met in a game lobby around four years ago, started a server on Minecraft, and it skyrocketed.

Minecraft is a game that enables you to build a world with 3D textured boxes. There is a large range of ages of people that play this creative game. Zach started playing about a year and a half ago. He got addicted to it, and played all the time. Then something terrible happened, “The server we played on got shut down so we made our own in like a month, and then we launched it.” Their server, biocraft, was launched on December 28th of 2011. In this past year it has grown immensely. Even some people at Marion play on his server.

Now he has about 17,000 unique players on their server. During the weekend there are around 200 players on biocraft at a time. “If it gets big enough it could become my permanent job,” Zach says. He makes enough money to make a good living, and it’s rising. “It’s work, but it’s work I enjoy,” Zach explains. Having a Minecraft server that successful is an incredible feat. Just remember, if you put your mind to it, you can do some amazing things

View Comments (2)