Breaking Dawn Part 1: extended edition!

By: Uriah Lekin [Staff Writer]

Listen up Twihards: our movie experience isn’t over yet! According to IMDB.com, Bill Condon, director of Breaking Dawn Part 1 and 2, has decided that he will be releasing the extended edition to Breaking Dawn Part 1 on March 2nd, which will add eight minutes of extra scenes that didn’t make the final cut the first time around.

But why? Why couldn’t the fans get the best scenes from the very beginning? This gives fans mixed feelings. The scenes Condon is adding are from the book and are supposed to fill in the gaps that were in the movie. This extended version will be released at the same time as the DVD release of Breaking Dawn part 2. With them both being released at the same time, this also causes some confusion.

Those are minor problems but the major problem is what about the people who have already bought Part 1? Eight minutes doesn’t seem like a lot, but it can fill the gaps in what was missing from the original edition of Part 1, and those people may never get to see those eight minutes.

So Twihards: get your gear on, warm the popcorn, and prep the Blu-ray player, because it’s time to watch the greatest love story of this generation come to a close once and for all.

Breaking Dawn is the last book in the Twilight series and was released as a movie in two parts.