Out of control Justin Bieber fans: is it worth it?

By: Kiersten Kiene [Design Editor]

What happens when a famous pop star has a controversy with the media and the fans? Usually after a few days, weeks, or months the whole thing blows over, but not this time. When the media found out that Justin Bieber had done drugs, his fans were so upset that they had started cutting themselves and posting pictures so that he can see what he had done. This time, things went way out of control.

So what about the die-hard Justin Bieber fans? Melaina O’Brien, sophomore, is truly the “hardcore Belieber,” as she describes herself. Being such a big fan of his, she has taken the wise choice of not showing such emotion and keeping herself intact. “Everyone can make their own decisions,” Melaina says, “It’s not my place to complain about it, but people cutting themselves about it is not okay.” Melaina has done the smart thing, not to make decisions based on others lives.

But there are other people that are not a much as fans as Melaina. Hannah Keller, senior, is not as much of a die-hard fan, but still thinks the same thing. “It’s disgusting…and they only did it for attention…maybe they did that so he stops doing drugs.” Hannah exclaimed. “It’s stupid and not worth it!” With these two girls choosing not to take part in this out-of-control act, hopefully nobody in this school chose to make that decision.

All in all the people that posted pictures of them doing this, and Justin Bieber, had hopefully learned their lessons. The scar will never go away, physically or mentally. The media is infamous for making mountains out of molehills, so of course, this one  made a mountain. It is the way of life.

Melaina O’Brien disagrees with the choices that some Justin Bieber fans are making based on a decision he made.