Mixing it up: the cafeteria life

By: Gage Miskimen [Staff Writer]

With yesterday being holiday dinner, today students are back to eating the normal, everyday cafeteria food.  Different people have different opinions about the school’s food. While some may enjoy it, others don’t. But one group of sophomores have found ways to make their cafeteria experience better.

Some students have really unique ways to eat their food. Mitchell Livingston decides to “mix it up”, “I mix everything. It covers the bad flavor. It kind of gives it a tasteless taste.” Ben Moss does the same, “You have to mix everything together. Corn, tacos, whatever. It makes it gourmet.” Colton Forster had this to add, “With hamburgers, I put everything they have to offer on them. Tomatoes, peppers, everything!” For them it’s all about adding flavor. Eli Frazier agrees, “Corn and ranch makes the world go round. It gives it some flava’.”

Others have some interesting ways to enhance their dining experience. Austin Loney has his own unique, comedic  input. “We chew the food, puke it up, then chew it again to make it easier to digest.” Preston Murphy likes to change his eating habits too. “I eat with my left hand sometimes to mix things up.”

Sometimes people find unwanted things in their food. The list of random items is endless. Some people get completely disgusted but Derek Smith has a different take on things, “Sometimes you find a hair in the food. But hey, it adds protein. You have to embrace it.”

It seems some students have many different ways to improve their daily diet. They create, innovate, and sometimes devastate. But students need to do what they need to do to add some positivity and fun into their food-filled lives.

Everyday school lunch isn’t as fun as holiday dinner, so some students feel the need to make it more interesting.