Winter wonderland

By: Kayla Comried [Staff Writer]

As the temperatures drop below freezing, and frost covers the windows of every student’s car winter finally begins to show itself. Many people hate winter because it is too cold, but it is the greatest season of them all. It is the best because it snows, it contains the greatest holidays, and because of the cozy feeling.

The first thing that makes winter a true wonderland is the snow. Snow is so pretty with its tiny little flakes that flutter down from the sky and quickly cover the hard ground. These snowflakes are truly beautiful when they spontaneously sparkle in the light of a blazing sun. Another reason that makes snow so glorious is being able to do things with it. Some activities are building a snowman, going sledding, snowboarding with friends, and even trying skiing. All these things are the normal actions that people carry out in the winter, but there are many others if creativity is used. Although snow makes wither wonderful the amazing Holidays also make it fantastic.

Many holidays are celebrated during the winter months. Christmas is just one of these many holidays, and just it just happens to be wonderful. Along with the actual day of Christmas there are many things done in preparation for this holiday along with just for fun. Many people go caroling, put up a tree and lights, spend time with family, and cuddle up on the couch and watch classic Christmas movies. So what’s not to love?

Winter is the coziest season because of the cold. Cuddling up on the couch is accepted, and with the shorter days this is easy to achieve. Along with the cuddling and darkness there is also the amazing songs that can be listened to why drinking hot cocoa.

All these splendid things are just a few of the many reasons that winter is so great! So this winter it needs to snow… soon, so these wonderful activities can commence. As the holidays grow nearer get excited because this winter is going to be legendary.

The Christmas spirit has taken over the journalism room, and the students have already decorated the tree.