A switched up schedule?

By: Taylor Millis [Feature Editor]

It’s Friday, the last full week of school before Thanksgiving break. She goes home and can’t wait for the weekend. She knows she only has two more days of school and she is on break. Free to hang out with friends whenever, sleep in as long as she wants and see her family for the holidays.

Next week starts the beginning of Thanksgiving break. A three-day break from school to see family we don’t always see.  But MHS doesn’t  have a full two days of school. On Monday we have an early dismissal day and then Tuesday we have a full day of school. Carlee Tope, senior, thinks, “it’s stupid we have an early out on Monday and not Tuesday.” Having an early dismissal on Monday and then having to come back Tuesday for a full day is not going to be fun to say the least.

Carlee says she would change the schedule to, “an early out on Tuesday because going for a half day on Monday makes me not want to go [to school] on Tuesday.” This is true, many students are going to find it difficult to get up Tuesday morning and scrape up the motivation to come to school. But making the schedule in this format has good reason, we have an early release on Monday instead of Tuesday is because conferences are scheduled to be on Monday.

As Sunday night rolls around Carlee prepares herself for the short school week ahead. She knows that tomorrow will be quick and then finally Tuesday, the last day before break. She can’t wait to be free to do as she pleases and not worry about school for a few days.