The class taste-tests dishes at Napoli’s Italian Restaurant.
New fine-dining experience

The presidential election is finally over

By: Becca Hall [Staff Writer]

Yesterday was the final moment of truth; the question running through a majority of U.S. citizen’s heads would finally be answered. We can now listen to the radio, watch TV and answer our phones in peace, not having to be pestered by political ads and surveys. It was officially announced that Obama would continue to be the president of the United States for the next four years of our lives here in the 50 states.

While many Obama fans cheered, a majority of Mitt Romney’s supporters suffered through their disappointment. Like most Romney fans,
sophomore, Mekaylah Stevens, a student here at MHS, was sad to hear that her candidate lost the 2012 election. She said she was not satisfied with the results because, “I’m republican. I thought Romney was going to win until the end because he was up, but then he lost.” Most of her family is republican and supports Romney, “Everyone on my moms side voted for Romney,” Mekaylah thinks this country would have benefited if Romney was elected as president. When asked why she was a Romney supporter she commented, “I basically like all of his political views but what I don’t agree with is he is forcing women to not get birth control if they can’t afford it.” She also likes his views towards jobs and fixing the economy.

While many people support Romney, more voted for Obama. Not everyone at MHS or in the United States agrees with it, but Barack Obama will continue to be the president until 2016. We will no longer have to be burdened by political calls, signs and ads pasted everywhere we look. The wait is over and we now know who our president is.

Mekaylah Stevens, sophomore, isn't happy with how the election turned out last night.