Chick-fil-a opens new franchise in Cedar Rapids

By: Kylie McAllister [Staff Writer]

When walking down the hallway of Marion High School today, you can hear the buzz about the new Chick-fil-A. Chick-fil-A has recently opened a new franchise by Lindale Mall. This is the first store that is free standing in Cedar Rapids. The new store opened today and lots of MHS students have been enjoying the food. The only one in Cedar Rapids that was up and running until today was the one located in Westdale mall. Chick-fil-A is a very popular fast food restaurant among students at MHS. The franchise opened at 6 AM this morning and many people have been camped out in their parking lot since yesterday. The first 100 people that were in line through the door got one free Chick-fil-A meal per week for one year. Fans of the restaurant have traveled from as far as California. The first person to arrive got there more than 18 hours before the store opened to stand in line.

It is really crazy that people suffer a cold night to get free food but I have never experienced any kind of food from Chick-fil-A so I should not be judging them. Apparently the food at Chick-fil-A must be the best thing on Earth according to most while others hate it and do not eat anything from there. While looking at social networking sites you can see that people have been posting pictures and statuses about the new Chick-fil-A. People are really crazy about getting free food now a days!

Information obtained from http://www.kcrg.com/

Chick-fil-a opened a new franchise in Cedar Rapids today!