Going back and forth between homes

By: Breiana Brown [Co-Vox Editor]

The holidays can be hectic; running from house to house begins to wear on her. Having a big family is a great thing, but the most important thing is learning to love and appreciate them. ‘Tis the season for thankfulness.

Madison Redlinger is a junior here at Marion and has a big family. “My parents are divorced so I have twice as much family as most people do.” Madison lives with her mom and step dad, and her brother when he comes home in the summer from UNI.

The best thing about Madison’s family is there is never a dull moment, but there is a downside. “I don’t like how difficult it is for me to go between my mom and my dad’s houses,” this can sometimes lead to effect how often Madi sees her younger sister. Madi’s family isn’t quite like anyone else’s; she knows of divorced families but none quite as confusing as hers.

Madison considers her pets as a part of her family. She has a total of four pets, a dog at her mom house, and two more at her dads along with a cute little bunny.

Even though she has a hard time with the traveling, that doesn’t stop her. “I have four siblings; Alex is 21 and Maren is 9, and I have two step-sisters, Makenzie who’s 19 and Makayla who’s 17. I love all of them even though I don’t always see them.” Family is a special thing that everyone should cherish. They are the ones who will always be there.

Madi Redlinger, junior