Finals week

By: Taylor Millis [Activities Editor]

Once a term, four times a year, finals week comes around for students at MHS. A week filled with studying and late nights, last minute cramming sessions in attempts to hopefully pass the tests. This week at MHS is one of these ‘fun’ weeks.

For Lawryn Fraley, a sophomore, finals week is only a little stressful. “I’m nervous for my science final because I’m not doing too well in science,” Lawryn says. For many this week is about studying as much as possible and doing everything they can in order to pass the last tests in their classes. For Lawryn, “The homework is a lot of studying and study guides.” Some teachers give more homework on finals week than others but what some seem to not understand is that students have more than one class and usually more than one final they are studying for. Lawryn says that finals are important, “because they determine your grades.” Doing well on your finals can make or break a grade.

The most important thing to remember is when a finals week rolls around again is that if you put in the time and effort, it will show in your final grade. Take a breath, study, and try your best and everything will turn out just fine.