Late Diagnosis

By: Taylor Lamm [Opinion Editor]

From the time we were born to the end of our lives we will always end up going to the doctor in one way or another. People go to the doctor for physicals, check ups, or sometimes for even serious problems. A common problem that happens more then expected is misdiagnosis. It can be really frustrating for a person who is in a lot of pain. Another way it can be frustrating is if the doctor doesn’t even know what is wrong.

Doctors have been known to make mistakes, but some mistakes are just ridiculous. Doctors should start testing for everything that could be possible and not just assume something. It might be upsetting to the patient when they find out bad news but sometimes it is even more upsetting when they find it out late and also learn that they might have had it their whole life. No one wants to be told that the pain could have been helped way before that moment. Yes, sometimes figuring it out early is impossible until later.
Another reason why some doctors might not be able to figure out a diagnosis until later is because of technology. Our technology has changed so much since students at our school were born. But since there is better technology now these days, the doctors should start testing for more. If a person is in pain they should try everything possible to make that pain go away. It just gets to frustrating for people to have to deal with the doctors not even knowing what’s wrong. This causes people to go out and search what is wrong by themselves.
Doctors can be very frustrating at times, but as much as we get frustrated we still need them to live. If it wasn’t for doctors and their technology there would be so many problems in our world. Society would not be able to live very long. Sometimes just putting up with all the frustration is what people need to do to stay healthy.
Even though going to the doctor can be frustrating, doctors are a huge help to society.