Flu season is upon us

By: Haley Shaffer [Staff Writer]

As the weather gets colder and the season changes, the time for colds and coughs begins. Winter and fall are flu season and they have just begun. People schedule appointments for flu shots and stock up on NyQuil. It’s become apparent that flu season is here with the amount of absences from school and the increase in the amount of sneezes from various students. It’s the time of year when people shouldn’t share drinks and should start being more careful about where they put their hands and especially their mouths. Fall and winter can be such fun and pretty times, with the holidays and the weather, but also can be such a dreaded time for so many people. Parents not only have to worry about their health, but their kids. The parents of elementary kids have it the worst, when they drop their kids off at school, knowing that most kids pay no attention to whose glue they are eating or who they are coughing on. Yes, flu season has arrived. And as much as it’s dreaded, it’s time to face the music and start taking real care of ourselves, before we too find ourselves stocking up on NyQuil.