Mother daughter companionship

By: Uriah Lekin [Staff Writer]

Walking down the hallways of Marion High School and seeing a friend or best friend is common in school, but walking down the hall and seeing your mom or daughter is another thing completely. That’s how it is for Jamie Draeger and her mom Mrs. Draeger. Jamie Draeger is a sophomore here at Marion High School and Mrs. Draeger is an associate.

It really helps Jamie and her mother’s relationship grow when they both are here at school. “When I don’t know if they are selling something like T-shirts or something my mom will go get it and surprise me with it.” Jamie said. It doesn’t bother either of them that they both are in the same school at the same time. “My mom checks my grades and school work, but she doesn’t bug me about it.” Jamie says referring to her schoolwork. “I get to hear the announcements and hear what’s going on around the school,” said Mrs. Draeger.

Although Mrs. Draeger loves being here for her daughter it isn’t her only job here at MHS. “I love seeing her smiley face everyday!” said Mrs. Draeger cheerfully. Even though Mrs. Draeger works here at Marion “I’m not just here for my daughter.” She says insisting she also has a job to do. “I love working at the school!” said Mrs. Draeger smiling about her job.

Jamie and her mom have a close relationship and because they are both here at the school at the same time and it makes them even closer.

Jamie Draeger doesn't mind having her mom at the same school as her everyday.