See you at the pole

By: Taylor Lamm [Opinion Editor]

As she walks to the flag pole in the front of the school the sound of the music over flows her body. She excited to join in with the praying and singing the gospel with all her fellow Christian classmates. This is done every year during the fall.

Kaitlyn Henessee, junior, was one of many students who participated in the “See you at the pole” event that happened this morning. “See you at the pole is an annual event where students get together and worship God,” states Henessee. This is an out of school activity that is once a year. Some might think that this should be done more then just once a year.
“Today is just like any other day, just me trying to live my life in the name of Jesus Christ,” Henessee says. Nothing special has happened as to why this day is assigned to today. It started and ended before school. But there wasn’t just singing at this event, there was also a person who played guitar while singing.
As the music is sang all she can think about is how happy she is to be so close with her religion. She also likes how many other people like to participate in activities like this with her.
Kaitlyn Henessee, junior, attended the See you at the pole event this morning before school.