The memory of 9/11

By: Taylor Lamm [Opinion Editor]

For some students they can remember the day the towers fell, but some were too young to remember. Then there are those whose whole life changed at that one instant when the two planes hit.
On the tragic day of September 11, 2001, two planes took off early morning only out to do one task. As students and teachers sat in the class rooms watching it all happen, sorrow filled their bodies. As they saw the object fly across the screen of the TV. The first tower took a brutal impact instantly sending fear down everyone’s back. America was in the middle of a terrorist attack.
As everyone sat and watched the tower burn, the could see the survivors of the impact begging for help from the windows. Then all at once the second plane crashed into the remaining tower. Now the realization of “there will be no help” filled the minds of the humans trapped in the towers. Everyone who was watching, stared as people started jumping out of the windows, trying anything to get away from the fire. Then in a blink of an eye the first tower came plummeting down. Then the second. The dust cloud rose and took over the city of New York.
Almost three thousand people died when the towers fell that morning. This event left so many families broken, and broken hearted. Some were just scared. This event wasn’t the end of us. It woke us up and has made our country stronger.
Today is the anniversary of one of the worst days in American history. Although it was very tragic, it has made our country stronger.