Fantasy football frenzy

By: Kiersten Kiene [Staff Writer]

Its fall, and that brings many things for the year; cold weather, leaves falling, and of course, football. It’s not just high school football that starts, there is also college, the National Football League, and fantasy football.

Michael Anderson, senior, plays fantasy football and is extremely exited for the season. “It’s fun, you learn all about the players and you get surprisingly into it.” exclaimed Michael. Playing fantasy football is a big thing throughout the school, almost every boy plays and talks about it, even the teachers get into it as well.

But it’s not just picking a team and hoping they do well, you get to choose players and hope that the players do well and don’t get injured.  “[I have] Drew Brees, Adrian Peterson, and Jermichael Finley.” Michael said. The players that you pick have a lot to do with how your team does.

But the league is not all fun and games, it is also strategy.  “[I would advise people] to follow the recommended draft order when you’re picking players and ask questions to see if you want to play.”  Michael said. Joining the league will give you an activity outside of school to be excited about.

Fall is a great season for many things and even more football. So if you were thinking about joining, Michael would definitely recommend it.  And if you don’t like it, just stop playing. But good luck if you decide to join!

Michael Anderson, senior, plays fantasy football, along with many other people in the school.